According to the World Health Organization (WHO), acupuncture is helpful in the treatment of many health disorders. Here is a partial list:
- Musculoskeletal disorders: Back pain, pain in the rib area, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, knee pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, injuries and pains
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Spasms of esophagus, hiccoughs, gastritis, acid reflex, duodenal ulcers, colitis, constipation, diarrhea, paralytic ileus
- Mental and emotional disorders: Stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia
- Respiratory Tract Disorders: Sinusitis, rhinitis, common cold and flu, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, asthma
- Eye Disorders: Conjunctivitis, cataracts
- Mouth Disorders: Toothache, post-extraction pain, gingivitis
- Neurologic disorders: Headaches and migraine, facial palsy in early stage, trigeminal neuralgia, peripheral neuropathies, Meniere's disease, neurologic bladder dysfunction, bedwetting
- Reproductive and gynecological disorders: Premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, spotting, excessive bleeding loss of menstrual period, impotence, infertility, incontinence, prostatitis
- For a complete list of conditions that acupuncture is recognized to be helpful by the World Health Organization, please click here.
Don’t see your condition listed here? Need more information regarding acupuncture treatment for your specific problem? Contact me at (704) 651-9585 or Tamara@CharlotteAcupunctureTherapy.com to schedule a complimentary
15-minute initial phone consultation in which we can address any questions or concerns you may have.